Friday, January 8, 2010

Got me an Underwater Camera!

Hey underwater fans! I recently received a new camera that goes underwater. The model is the Olympus Stylus Tough-8000.
Seems like a pretty dope camera so far. However, it only goes about 33 ft deep. I got this camera instead of one that goes deeper because the deeper ones are very expensive (link to expensive underwater camera cases). Since a lot of scuba goes deeper that 33ft, the majority of the blog posts will be from snorkling. Some will be from scuba....we'll see how tuff this puppy really is!

I never read the instruction manual for this thing but, one tip I can tell you is that, you should make sure to clear any air bubbles from the lens before snapping picts because air can get caught in the view finder when the camera is submerged through the surface of the water (observe the following botched photo):

No comments:

Post a Comment