Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Snorkeling at Barkers (July 20th, 2010)

Spotted a little rock off the tip of Barker's and decided to swim to it. It took about an hour each way. The water was pretty shallow and below head-level for the majority of the way.
Unfortunately, there wasn't much see life to observe.


This little stingray showed up but that was about all there was to see while swimming.
I brought my fishing rod with me because I thought I'd do a few casts from the rock.
There were some fish swimming around the rock but they didn't want to bite my lure. Also, the rock was really sharp and that made it tough walk on. During this adventure, there was lots of stuff to step on. It would have been good to have shoes.

There were jelly-fish and I got stung. It wasn't a big deal though.

No comments:

Post a Comment